Monday, November 14, 2011

{couple} rolling in the hay

I thought I'd combine my barn photos into one post, since I did these two sessions back-to-back and in the same location. 

I was hoping to find an old barn to shoot in for a few months and actually came across this one when I stopped to ask about an orchard next door. The orchard didn't work out (don't worry though, I found another one!), but this barn made the stop more than worth it!  I am so thankful to the owners of the property who have allowed me to use it at my leisure.  People in this town are so nice!

The first couple are the ones who won the Casting Call I held back in September.  Here's their entry:

Alyssa writes: "I would love to have a session with my husband... We have been married a year.. and my husband got laid off right before our wedding. So therefore we had to cancel out photographer and have a good friend photograph our wedding.. So we don't have any really decent pictures of us together..I grew up on a farm and my husband loves farms as well.. our wedding was even country theme, and we used a tractor.. It would be great to actually have decent pictures of us together...He is still laid of.. so we haven't had any done!!"

Theirs was the first entry and I couldn't get their story out of my head, so choosing them as winners was pretty easy.  I'm so glad I got to meet them and I hope they are as happy with the pics as I am!

The second couple was one of the families who took advantage of my Fall Photo Special. There was light rain and strong wind both days, so I'm glad they chose the barn as their location.  Both couples were so great to work with, and both were easy-going and up for anything.

The photos turned out just as I had imagined when I first wanted to find an old barn.  I can't wait to shoot there again, so if anyone is up for getting a little dirty, and climbing some rickety ladders, please let me know! 

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. This post is absolutely stunning! Amazing captures love the use of location!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!