Tuesday, April 5, 2011

welcome to captivating!

Hi and welcome to my Blog!

Before I get this puppy up and running with some posts of my most recent photo shoots, I wanted to take a moment to share a little more about myself, and explain why I named my business Captivating.

In 2008 I had the privilege of photographing four of the most amazing women I know.  We had the girliest of girl’s night where we did each other’s hair and makeup, listened to empowering music and laughed until we cried. We had all been through a pretty rough year including infertility, marital discord, sickness and death in the family and battles with self-esteem.  We counseled each other, lifted each other up and challenged each other to face our fears and test our limits.  We called the weekend “Captivating”. 
Based on the book of the same name by John and Stacy Eldredge, the concept was this: To embrace who we were as the feminine, beautiful creatures we were formed to be. To look at ourselves, not through the world’s, or even our own eyes, but through God’s eyes.  To see ourselves as fully alive and truly captivating. 




This concept is still behind every photo shoot I do.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this Blog!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. That is the best girls time I've ever heard of!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!