Tuesday, January 17, 2012

{family} family means putting your arms around each other and being there

Time to put a little piece of our own family up on the blog...meet the Wests!

We got together this past Fall for my sister-in-law's boyfriend's birthday.  They have a great little park by their home in Cambridge and it was perfect for some family photos.

I have to admit, I was nervous about this shoot and it was a little stressful for me! As any person with a camera knows, taking photos of your own kids is not easy!  Being a photographer makes it no less difficult, I promise you!  I knew I'd have to somehow pull together using a tripod, running into the shots myself and hoping my kid kept looking at the camera...and kept smiling, preferably!  The best possible scenario, I thought, would be to have to swap a few heads later in Photoshop to get a good finished shot. The worst case scenario was...well, disaster I guess! 

But, disaster averted: it worked out and we got some good shots of the entire family.  The kid pulled it out and was a trooper through the whole thing.  I love the photos of him with his Papa, Bepe and Aunt Gig.  I am so happy he has such love in his life and I know he'll treasure these shots when he's older.  Next to capture him with the other side of the family and give him those memories as well.

Thanks Wests, for putting up with me and my camera, and for loving our boy so freaking much!


*title credited to Barbara Bush


2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. I just love these pics. Got me all teary-eyed and everything! I just might have to make a special road trip just to have you take our pictures. What a gift you have, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tiffany! Oh man, I would LOVE that! ;) I think you should talk it over with Lee! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!