Monday, May 16, 2011

{family&children} one marriage + six kids + twenty-five grandkids = one big family!

When Linda called me to book a session for her husband's extended family I was pumped. I had just finished my session with the Bosvelds and was confident with how it went.  Then Linda told me there would be forty people and that, rain or shine, they wanted to make this shoot happen.  So started our search for a venue that would fit this big family in case of rain, as well as our prayers for good weather! 
Between Linda and I,  I think we visited the Canada Southern Railway Station in St. Thomas about five or six times before feeling confident to attempt the indoor space. With the main rooms already booked we had to ensure a big group would be able to photograph well in the upper rooms.  I think the results would have been great, but as it is, we'll never know! The weather was perfect, if only a little windy, and we were able to use the beautiful outdoor architecture of the building instead.  My friend and co-worker Ingrid came with me and helped me organise the groupings and the day couldn't have gone better.

Mark and Linda, your family is amazing and it was such a pleasure meeting and working with all of them.  So many cute kids and such easy-going families!  Thanks again for asking me to be part of this day!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!